* Current or permanent NYS Teaching Certification
* A minimum of 2 years teaching/tutoring experience
* Passion working with kids who have learning struggles
* Be able to pass the Barton Tutor Screening
* Comfortable using computer, Skype, and screening sharing programs such as Zoom
* Able to make a ONE YEAR commitment to the students you will be tutoring
* Loyal and committed to student success
* Professional, highly organized
* Extremely patient, positive, encouraging, and personable
* Embraces out-of-the-box thinking
* Available to work a 12 month year including summers
* Having a child or family member with dyslexia or learning struggles is a plus
* Part time
* Flexible schedule, after school and evening hours Monday – Thursday, possible Saturday mornings
* 4-8 hours per week (2-4 students)
* Work one-on-one with K-12 and/or adult students for a 50 minute tutoring hour
* Implement methodology during tutoring sessions per program specifications
* Maintain excellent communication with student’s parents, adult students, and the director
We are not average reading tutors. We are reading therapists who are trained to offer specific programs to help students of all ages be successful in reading, writing, and spelling.
Bright children who struggle with reading, spelling, and writing could be suffering with dyslexia. It is very puzzling to parents because these children are often very artistic, athletic, and creative young people.
Our job is to close a child’s reading gap, boost their confidence, and accentuate their strengths.
We are looking for 12 month reading tutors. Stay-at-home moms, retired teachers, and homeschooling parents are particularly well suited to these positions.
Our tutors and our learning center is in high demand, and our clientele is growing. We will train you to use the Barton Reading & Spelling System, an Orton-Gillingham based phonics program specifically designed for the needs of our clients.
Compensation will be between $13-15 per tutoring hour to start.
We value diversity in our clients and tutoring staff.
To be considered, please fill out the contact form. Our director, Jennifer Lynn Hoffman, will contact you. If you find the form did not send your information automatically, please email Jennifer Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org