* Bachelor’s degree or higher
* A minimum of 2 years teaching/tutoring experience
* Be able to pass the Barton Tutor Screening
*Passionate about making a significant impact over the long term in the lives of 2-4 struggling readers.
* Demonstrates commitment and loyalty
* Professional, highly organized
* Extremely patient, positive, encouraging, and personable
* Embraces out-of-the-box thinking
* Desire to be a champion and hero to our students
* Comfortable using computer, Skype, and screening sharing programs such as Zoom
* Available to work a 12 month year including summers
*If your life has been touched by someone with dyslexia, that is a plus.
* If your life has been touched by someone with dyslexia, that is a plus.
* Part-time (minimum of 4 hours per week)
* Flexible schedule as per client needs, after school and evening hours Monday – Friday, possible Saturday mornings
*Work a 12 month year. Summer schedule is a flexible morning and afternoon schedule.
* A minimum of 4 hours per week which is 2 students; 8 hours per week with 4 dedicated students is preferred
* Work one-on-one with K-12 and/or adult students for a 50 minute teaching hour
* Implement methodology during teaching sessions per program specifications
* Maintain excellent communication with student’s parents, adult students, and the director
We are NOT reading tutors. We are reading therapists who are trained to offer specific programs to help students of all ages be successful in reading, writing, and spelling.
Bright children who struggle with reading, spelling, and writing could be suffering from dyslexia.
Our job is to close our students’ reading gap, boost their confidence, and accentuate their strengths. This takes TIME and DEDICATION.
We are looking for 12-month reading therapists. Stay-at-home moms with a teaching
Our reading therapists and our literacy center are in high demand, and our clientele is growing. We will train you to use the Barton Reading & Spelling System, an Orton-Gillingham based phonics program specifically designed for the needs of our clients.
Compensation will be $15 per tutoring hour to start.
All teaching, including online teaching, is done at our center in Buffalo near the Amherst/Cheektowaga border. We will have satellite offices coming soon to the Clarence area, Orchard Park area, and North Tonawanda area. Our reading therapists may be asked to work in these satellite centers depending on student needs.
We value diversity in our clients and teaching staff.
Who should NOT apply!
*This position is not for you if you have several commitments already and your time is limited.
*This position is not for you if you are chronically late or inconsistent in your commitments.
*This position is not for you if you are looking to increase your knowledge of dyslexia so you can apply it to your own teaching. We offer teacher training programs for this. You can call our office for more information.
*This position is not for you if you aren’t flexible with your schedule.
*This position is not for you if you can’t commit to a minimum of 2 students which is 4 hours per week.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please fill out the contact form. Our director, Jennifer Lynn Hoffman, will contact you. If you find the form did not send your information automatically, please email Jennifer Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org